I think all to many of posts are titled 'Finally!' But that's life, and this is my blog so really I get to write whatever I want!
These last two weeks have been crazy to say the least. I'm hoping things will start to slow down, but that is probably just wishful thinking!
It all started by finding some property/manufactured home that looked interesting. Our poor realtor got this random call from us saying 'Hi, will you show us this house?' Two days later we were looking at the property, and two days after that we were making an offer. After a long week of praying and counteroffers we found out we got it. We are really excited, but don't plan on moving any time soon. Brandon will farm the 5 acres and we will rent out the manufactured home.
My brother Mike got to come home last week for a couple days. Thank you so much Mike and Mom for watching and playing with the kids while we did all the craziness with the house!! We had SO much fun with Mike. Julia was so excited to see Mike and took every advantage to get him to play with her whenever possible. We were sad when he had to leave but so excited for how great all the baseball stuff is going. A couple of days after Mike left we were watching the playoffs and Julia goes, "is that Mike playing?" so cute! I love the things 3 year olds say, they can be so smart.
Lastly, for those of you that don't know we were pregnant with our 3rd child, and last week I had a miscarriage. We are sad but know that it wasn't in God's plan. We have comfort in knowing that God is in control and it just wasn't meant to be. I am thankful I don't have to try and figure out the bigger picture. I have faith in knowing God's plan is bigger than any of us, and I am grateful that He is in control and not me. Honestly, it did not come as a complete surprise to me. I had a couple of warning signs that just made me wonder if everything was right. I know a lot of people have been praying for us, and I want to thank you all. We are doing good, and just enjoying life right now. It does make me really enjoy my kids right now, they are true blessings.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good to see you this morning! I am glad that you are doing good with all of the crazy-ness that is going on.
I'm so sorry about your loss, you still are a family of 5, just not in the physical sense. ;-)
Thanks for the update, glad you guys are doing well despite all of the things that have been happening!
Post a Comment