So during my last post I whined about how bad I have been at posting lately. I'm afraid not much has changed since then. I"ll do my best to update on what's been going on with us lately...don't get too excited though it's really not that much. Hopefully more pictures will come soon.
Today we went and got Julia's 2 year old pictures taken. I was really nervous for them because life has been a little rough around here lately. (Ya, I know we were a little late with the pictures, figuring her birthday was 6 weeks ago but I did it finally!) So, for those of you that don't know Julia started throwing some serious tantrums about 2 weeks before her birthday. We are learning how to handle them, and also learning what the best ways are to discipline her when she doesn't obey (not the most fun job, but an important one we know). Well, she has some great days and some not so great days. The tantrum aren't as long as they used to be (down from 2 hours to 20 minutes) and we can see the progress of Julia just growing up. But then there was last week...thurs and fri were rough! And then we had a great weekend. This is where the dread of getting pictures done came from. I can truly say that Julia was GREAT today!!! She was cute, and funny and wild but in an ok way. She listened to the photographer and I was sooooo proud of her. I love days like this. It makes all those struggling with disciplining days worth it. It shows me that Julia is going to turn into a wonderful little girl it just takes lots of time, patience, and consistency of course.
Things seem to be going good with my pregnancy. I have another doctors appointment next week, and I will be 28 weeks then. This pregnancy is really flying by. I feel like i'm getting pretty big though and in reality I have like 3 months left...ick. I did find a heating pad which I sit in front of whenever I have a chance( oh, i stole it from my mom's house!). Heating pads are miracle workers for my back they truly have saved my life with Julia and now this baby. We have been working on the babies room. I got bedding a little while ago, and last weekend we painted. Well, we started painting. We got the base coat done, but we are going to paint a couple of stripes around the room. I thought we would never do that again because it was such a huge job when we painted stripes in Julia's room, but we are doing it again! I'll show pictures once we are further along.
We are working on coming up with names for the baby but are kind-of at a stale-mate (i don't know if thats the right word but hopefully you get my point). If anyone has suggestions for names send them our way. We do have a middle name though. It will be Robert so it has to sound good with that. I think that's it for now, I'll post new pictures of Julia soon.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad to hear Julia's tantrums are at least slowing down! Man, that's gotta be rough. I can't wait to see the baby's room. where did you get the bedding? what colors are you painting? guess i can just wait to see the pics. I think you should name your boy a "J" name so that he and Julia will have the same initials..J.R.S That would be kinda cute. See ya tonight Slacker!:)
Post a Comment