Sunday, November 23, 2008

To Scott

So my cousin Scott challenged me to write a sper of a moment blog. He said empty my brain and write down whatever comes out. I thought 'that is such a good idea!' And then I went and did something else! Sorry! I didn't do it right away because mainly I didn't have time. I feel like there is not enough time in the day, or days in November. I have also been exhausted! I'm finally starting to feel not quite so stressed. Here's what we have been doing this November. It started by buying some property and a triple-wide manufactured home. We are planning on renting it out so it needed some 'fixing up' to put it mildly. We have basically been working non-stop on it (like till 10pm every night!), and getting tons of help. We definitely could not get it done without all of our family and friends helping us. I also had the bright idea to sell stuff at the church bazaar this year. I roped my mom into it with me. That was last weekend, and I of course got laryngitis. It's not the easiest thing to try and sell stuff when you can't talk...ugg! And that meant not working on the house a couple of days, days we needed! Now we are finally about done with the house, and Thanksgiving is almost here. I'm so excited for the holidays. I think they will be pretty relaxing for us. We don't have big plans just hanging out with the family. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, so maybe I'll stress later, but for now we are nearing the end of our stressful month, and I am happy. Mike came home yesterday so that is really nice, and my cousin Scott who is been in Mexico comes home the beginning of Dec. It will be nice to have everyone around for the holidays. Maybe we will have to play a little settlers and gain up on Mike. Someday I will post more pictures of the kids. The are growing up and are quite funny together. Cole has learned how to tackle and jump on Julia, it is pretty hilarious. She's still laugh about it so that's good! Hope all is well with everyone else! Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Tera said...

Good job updating your blog heidi, I love reading what you write. Enjoy Thanksgiving, hopefully you and Brandon can have your nights back and relax a little. See you soon:)

Anonymous said...

Good update - don't let Scott make you feel guilty. He doesn't have two small children to take care of and a house to keep clean.

The rental is looking good - you have worked hard. Have a restful Thanksgiving with the Schmidt Family.

Know you will be missed. Aunt Becky

Megan said...

I love the candid stuff. The reports on the daily grind makes me feel like it hasn't been quite so long since we last got together!

Argentina is a tango 10 said...

Thank you Heidi I appreciate the update. I only knew time was still moving forward by Cole's and Julia's lillypie clocks. If you know what I'm saying. This just don't seem to be developing as quickly as I'd like.

Miss you guys can't wait to see you. =)

Scott Ekstrom