Thursday, April 08, 2010

Baby updates...and some more stuff

Sorry it's been forever since I have posted anything. I haven't been very motivated this pregnancy to keep up on it! Here's the newest updates on the baby stuff, and a little more tid-bits with what has been going on with us.

1. Tomorrow is my due date! It turns out my babies don't like to come out. They would rather stay fat and warm in my belly. I guess I don't blame them, except my belly keeps growing to accommodate them! We talked about being induced last friday, but I hadn't progress quite enough and was only dilated 1cm so the doctor decided we should wait a little longer. So this week unfortunately things hadn't changed a whole lot. I am almost 2cm, but not quite. But because Cole was HUGE, they are still going to induce me tomorrow. Otherwise, it might be a while before this baby wants to come on his own. We are so excited to have this baby!! We will go into the hospital tonight(thursday) at 9pm, they will put me on a very low dose of pitocin, and hopefully I will get some sleep. In the morning my doctor will come in and bump up the pitocin, and hopefully sometime tomorrow we will have a baby! I don't plan on it happening fast because none of my kids have come fast. They like to take their time, but that's ok as long as we are all healthy! So, I will do my best, or Brandon will try to post pictures on here. Oh, and we will finally let you know what we decide on a name!

2. I took Julia to kindergarten round-up! My baby is getting old! It was basically, check out the school, get a tour and meet the possible teachers for next year. Afterward Julia said she wished she could go tomorrow to her new school. Sad! I'm so not ready for her to go to school, but I'm also really excited for her because she is going to LOVE it. It turns out that one of the little girls from her pre-school is going to go to her new school, so that makes me feel a little better. They aren't really close friends but at least she knows someone...I don't think she cares though, she would be excited no matter what!

3. Cole cracks us up like no other lately, and boy can that kid talk! There are sometimes when both Julia and Cole start talking and Brandon and I just look at each other like...Seriously, we are having another kid?!? What are we going to do when they all are talking! I'm thinking, go a little crazy! Oh, and Cole has decided that now would be a good time to start his crazy defiant tantrum stage...oh, my goodness!!!! I am thankful I know it won't last forever, but wow the rage of a 2 1/2 year old is wild. We are doing our best to have a little boot camp tough love around here, but seriously I am 9 months pregnant! He is going to bed much better, and our bedtime routine doesn't last for hours anymore so that is another blessing. We have to count those blessings! I have two beautiful ones, and can't wait for 1 more!

4. Naming this baby...HELP! We don't have a name because we are keeping it a secret. We can't seem to decide! We do this every time though, and as soon as the baby comes we will name him but until then, it's hard! I even have a big circle on the baby's wall that will soon have his initial in it...we just need to know that initial! Any ideas? We listen to most ideas. Cole wants to name him 'Airplane guy', and Julia wants to name him Carson Ryder. Carson is in the running, so is Austin, and maybe Dylan, but I don't think the middle name will be Ryder, but don't tell Julia that she LOVES it. Funny kids!

I think that's about it. We will try to post little updates tomorrow on facebook, but the pictures and stuff will probably be here. We can't wait to be a family of 5!!!

2 comments:

Faith said...

YAY! Baby time! So excited for you guys. I will be praying! I hope he comes fast..third babies usually do but I'm glad you aren't getting your hopes up:) Like you said, as long as he's healthy:)

There's a 1% chance we could have a fourth and it could be a boy so who knows, maybe I'll get to use some of my favorite boy names. I can't remember most of them right now. I can only think of 2..Dane and Emmerson. Good luck coming up with one!!

Megan said...

WHAAAHOOOO!! Congrats! And thanks for the update on here! I will be praying for you tonight and tomorrow and really looking forward to hearing updates!! And as for names, I see why you are having a hard time deciding because those are all good ones! Blessings to you and your growing family :)