Thursday, April 15, 2010
Carson James Schmidt
Carson was born at 3:10pm on April 9th, 2010 (my due date!). He was 20 inches long and 7 lbs 13 oz. I was in shock when they said 7 lbs! I was fully prepared for another monster Cole baby. Carson is pretty darn cute though, if I do say myself. Labor was pretty good. We went in the night before and got an ok nights sleep while they put me on pitocin. Friday morning they broke my water and turned up the pitocin. By 12ish I got an epidural and by 3:10 after 3 pushes Carson was born. I can't complain! When I was pushing they found out that the cord was around his neck so with him still half inside of me they cut the cord from around his neck and then he came out. When he came out he was blue! It was definitely weird to see him that color. I don't think any of us where really scared though, he started crying right away. The nurses and my doctor where great and calm and got him crying more and he just slowly started to pinken up! They checked his oxygen levels and they were fine, so it was just his coloring that was bad from the cord around his neck. He is a beautiful pink color now! Life with 3 is a little insane at times. I wasn't good at blogging before but I will work harder to at least get some pictures on here now and than. Thanks for all the prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yay! Congrats Schmidt family!
Post a Comment